About York, NebraskaYork, a city of over 8,000 population, offers all of the character of a small town with the advantages of a more populated city. Strategically located at the intersection of Highway 81, a major north-south 4-lane expressway that stretches from South America to Canada,and Interstate 80 that traverses the Atlantic to the Pacific. York is the heart of the nation.
York provides numerous amenities found only in larger more metropolitan cities, cutting edge health care technologies and facilities, a vibrant hospitality industry ready to serve the needs of visitors and residents alike, progressive educational institutions including a four-year college and a full range of support services for families and businesses.
York's transportation arterial and location allow easy access to Lincoln, the home of state government, the University of Nebraska, and the Lied Center for Performing Arts. Connected can also be used to describe the telecommunications infrastructure York citizens enjoy. You can do business with anyone, anywhere, from York, Nebraska.
An excellent workforce, quality of life, and low cost of living combine to make York one of the most attractive locations to live or work in the United States.
This position reports to the Parts Manager. Primary duties include providing excellent service to customers and providing assistance to Service Technicians at the back counter. Make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of parts.Duties entail handling all shipping duties for the store which includes material from Sales, Clerical, Service and Parts. All material received at that particular store also flows through you with documentaion and attention to detail being critical
Position offered at:
Truck Center Companies - York
- Meet and greet customers immediately upon arrival.
- Determine customer needs and advise them of available parts and prices.
- Promote additional sales to customers related to current or future needs.
- Advise customers of specials currently being offered.
- Discuss and define terms of purchase and payment with customers.
- Pick-up and deliver parts at locations according to scheduled route.
- Ensure paperwork documenting pick-ups and deliveries is completed accurately.
- Maintain phone contact with Parts Department personnel during scheduled route.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Computer skills for documentation of equipment received.
- Familiarity with shipping procedures for UPS and/or FedEx.
- Experience with organization and detail oriented tasks.