About Wichita, KansasNot only has Wichita been named an All-American City three times since 1962, it also ranked among the top 32 cities nationally for quality of life. This ranking communicates affordability, short and easy commutes to work and a high level of public safety for your family - attributes you simply can't find in most metro areas.
According to a BizJournals.com survey, Wichita is nearly $400 below the national average on total monthly housing payments. Forbes Magazine ranks Wichita as the second best city for jobs in its 2008 ranking of American cities.
Opportunities for outdoor recreation are plentiful in the Wichita area. Take time to enjoy the beauty of its parks, play a round of golf, hike the numerous nature trails or bike along the Arkansas River.
Residents have easy access to boating, waterskiing, sailing, canoeing, fishing and swimming in local lakes and rivers. The city has more than 26 miles of scenic bike paths that wind throughout the city, one of which includes a trail built along the original Chisolm Trail. There are 4,200 acres of parks and greenways in Wichita, along with 11 swimming pools and five interactive fountains offering a chance to cool off in the middle of the city. Some featured parks in the city include the Sedgwick County Park, adjacent to the Sedgwick County Zoo, and OJ Watson Park.
Wichita boasts a professional opera, symphony and ballet, as well as dozens of cinematic and performance theatres that stand ready to impress with independent films, old favorites or new drama. Whether you prefer upscale bistros or hometown barbecue, Wichita truly has it all. Local boutiques, antique shops and specialty stores can easily be found throughout the city, as well as nationally recognized retail chains and department stores.
Whether you are a newcomer or a long-time resident, discovering Wichita is a never-ending opportunity.
This position reports to the Parts Manager. Primary duties include providing excellent service to customers and providing assistance to Service Technicians at the back counter. Make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of parts.Duties entail handling all shipping duties for the store which includes material from Sales, Clerical, Service and Parts. All material received at that particular store also flows through you with documentaion and attention to detail being critical
Position offered at:
Truck Center Companies - Wichita
- Meet and greet customers immediately upon arrival.
- Determine customer needs and advise them of available parts and prices.
- Promote additional sales to customers related to current or future needs.
- Advise customers of specials currently being offered.
- Discuss and define terms of purchase and payment with customers.
- Pick-up and deliver parts at locations according to scheduled route.
- Ensure paperwork documenting pick-ups and deliveries is completed accurately.
- Maintain phone contact with Parts Department personnel during scheduled route.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Computer skills for documentation of equipment received.
- Familiarity with shipping procedures for UPS and/or FedEx.
- Experience with organization and detail oriented tasks.