About Salina, KansasSalina, Kansas is a blend of big city amenities and small city charm. Situated at the intersection of Interstate Highways 70 and 135, the City of Salina is centered in one of the largest wheat producing areas of the world. Kansas City, Missouri and Wichita, Kansas are 180 and 95 miles away, respectively, via the direct access of these two highways.
Salina’s cost of living index (87.4%) is one of the lowest in the state of Kansas, and is well below the national average of 100. Contributing to the low cost of living in Salina is the low transportation costs, as well as inexpensive quality health care.
Salina has numerous opportunities for education and employment. With four-year and two-year colleges including Kansas State Salina, Brown Mackie and Salina Technical, Salina companies employ a growing, educated and skilled workforce.
Salina is home to a world-class zoo, museums, art galleries, great dining and shopping and numerous sporting events. Enjoy a gallery walk through many downtown venues during "First Thursday,” held on the first Thursday of every month. Salina also boasts 26 city parks with over 700 acres in park land and 5 area golf courses.
It stands to reason that Salina’s quality of life is as exceptional as the quality of people. The hometown atmosphere offers the best of both worlds. Salina is a community with affordable housing, friendly neighbors, and is a great place to raise a family.
This position reports to the Parts Manager. Primary duties include providing excellent service to customers and providing assistance to Service Technicians at the back counter. Make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of parts.Duties entail handling all shipping duties for the store which includes material from Sales, Clerical, Service and Parts. All material received at that particular store also flows through you with documentaion and attention to detail being critical
Position offered at:
Truck Center Companies - Salina
- Meet and greet customers immediately upon arrival.
- Determine customer needs and advise them of available parts and prices.
- Promote additional sales to customers related to current or future needs.
- Advise customers of specials currently being offered.
- Discuss and define terms of purchase and payment with customers.
- Pick-up and deliver parts at locations according to scheduled route.
- Ensure paperwork documenting pick-ups and deliveries is completed accurately.
- Maintain phone contact with Parts Department personnel during scheduled route.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Computer skills for documentation of equipment received.
- Familiarity with shipping procedures for UPS and/or FedEx.
- Experience with organization and detail oriented tasks.