About Council Bluffs, IowaCouncil Bluffs, Iowa, is located at the crossroads of America. Council Bluffs has the advantage of a prime location in the heart of the country. Residents of Council Bluffs enjoy the best of both worlds: A bustling river city with a small town flavor – in the heart of a major metropolitan area.
With strong population growth, companies are enlarging and new enterprises are forming — each adding to the overall economic vitality of the community. The greatest job growth has been in the service industry, but manufacturing is on the rise and telecommunications companies are developing rapidly to further fuel the economy. The community serves as a vital regional business center of finance, health care, retail, transportation and tourism industries.
The Council Bluffs real estate market offers something for any taste. Access to downtown Omaha and the business and commercial centers of Council Bluffs is just five to ten minutes away from most residential areas.
The educational community in Council Bluffs is one to be admired. The people of Council Bluffs realize the importance of education and are committed to maintaining outstanding schools in both the public and private sector. Secondary schools have teacher-to-student ratios that are among the lowest in the nation.
Council Bluffs' history and location on the river next to Omaha, NE allows for a wide variety of entertainment. From opera to ballet, soccer to professional baseball, museums to zoos, and specialty stores to quaint boutiques, Council Bluffs offers the best of it all. Concerts at the Mid America Center or plays at the Iowa Western Performing Arts Center compliment other concerts and entertainment venues in the Metro area.
This position reports to the Parts Manager. Primary duties include providing excellent service to customers and providing assistance to Service Technicians at the back counter. Make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of parts.Duties entail handling all shipping duties for the store which includes material from Sales, Clerical, Service and Parts. All material received at that particular store also flows through you with documentaion and attention to detail being critical
Position offered at:
Truck Center Companies - Council Bluffs
- Meet and greet customers immediately upon arrival.
- Determine customer needs and advise them of available parts and prices.
- Promote additional sales to customers related to current or future needs.
- Advise customers of specials currently being offered.
- Discuss and define terms of purchase and payment with customers.
- Pick-up and deliver parts at locations according to scheduled route.
- Ensure paperwork documenting pick-ups and deliveries is completed accurately.
- Maintain phone contact with Parts Department personnel during scheduled route.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Computer skills for documentation of equipment received.
- Familiarity with shipping procedures for UPS and/or FedEx.
- Experience with organization and detail oriented tasks.