About Columbus, NebraskaNoted in CNN’s top 100 places to live, Columbus, Nebraska, is a wonderful town that provides many of the big city amenities while maintaining the charm and comfort of a small town. Columbus is a thriving community of 21,000 caring people who can boast about a place where the air is still fresh and manners still count. They leave work and are home in minutes. With a low cost of living and low crime rate, it makes a great place to raise a family. This safe community offers public and parochial schools where children can safely walk or ride each day. The easy access to several golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, parks and a lake help make Columbus a great place to call home for all stages of life. From history to adventures and attractions to events, there is something of interest for everyone in Columbus.
This position reports to the Parts Manager. Primary duties include providing excellent service to customers and providing assistance to Service Technicians at the back counter. Make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of parts.Duties entail handling all shipping duties for the store which includes material from Sales, Clerical, Service and Parts. All material received at that particular store also flows through you with documentaion and attention to detail being critical
Position offered at:
Truck Center Companies - Columbus
- Meet and greet customers immediately upon arrival.
- Determine customer needs and advise them of available parts and prices.
- Promote additional sales to customers related to current or future needs.
- Advise customers of specials currently being offered.
- Discuss and define terms of purchase and payment with customers.
- Pick-up and deliver parts at locations according to scheduled route.
- Ensure paperwork documenting pick-ups and deliveries is completed accurately.
- Maintain phone contact with Parts Department personnel during scheduled route.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Computer skills for documentation of equipment received.
- Familiarity with shipping procedures for UPS and/or FedEx.
- Experience with organization and detail oriented tasks.