About Columbus, NebraskaNoted in CNN’s top 100 places to live, Columbus, Nebraska, is a wonderful town that provides many of the big city amenities while maintaining the charm and comfort of a small town. Columbus is a thriving community of 21,000 caring people who can boast about a place where the air is still fresh and manners still count. They leave work and are home in minutes. With a low cost of living and low crime rate, it makes a great place to raise a family. This safe community offers public and parochial schools where children can safely walk or ride each day. The easy access to several golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, parks and a lake help make Columbus a great place to call home for all stages of life. From history to adventures and attractions to events, there is something of interest for everyone in Columbus.
This position reports to the Service Manager. Technicians inspect vehicles, diagnose needed maintenance or repair work and perform repairs. Experience working on Caterpillar, Cummins, and Detroit engines desired. Electronic diagnostics and any computer training is preferred.
Position offered at:
Truck Center Companies - Columbus
- Correctly diagnose cause of any malfunction/customer complaint.
- Advise Service Manager of any additional needed repairs and costs of repairs.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Document work performed on appropriate Repair Order & Labor Ticket.